Plexus blocks and peripheral nerve block needle is a needle for plexus blocks and peripheral nerve blocks allowing to locate the plexus or nerve either under ULTRASOUND or with ELECTRO-NEURO-STIMULATION.
– Needle with a 20° bevel with an insulating coating on its entire length, only the tip of the bevel is conductive. This coating includes multiple microscopic glass beads intensifying ultrasound reflection and making Echoplex+ echogenic right to the tip of the needle.
– Needle is available in 7 lengths (from 25 mm to 150 mm). The centimeter markings over the entire length of the needle allows to control at any time the length inserted. A broader mark indicates 5 cm and a double mark indicates 10 cm.
– Needle comprises an electrical cord (60 cm long) with a female connector and a removable transparent extension tube (50 cm long) to allow injection of the local anesthetic.
– Needle has an ergonomic hub allowing a good hold. Its transparency makes it possible to quickly detect a possible reflux of blood during the aspiration test.
Needle for plexus and peripheral nerve blocks with electrical stimulation.
– Needle with an insulating coating over its entire length; only the bevel being conductive. This device also comprises an electrical cord 60 cm in length with a female connector and a removable transparent three-layer extension tube (PE/EVA/PVC) 50 cm in length (priming volume: 1 ml) in order to allow injection of the anesthetic and immediate control of any blood reflux.
– the needle is available either with a 17° bevel (code 5194.xx), or with a 30° bevel (code 5194. xx3). This type of bevel allows stimulation and injection at the same point. 7 different lengths exist allowing coverage of both pediatric and adult indications, for all types of blocks.
– The centimeter marking over the entire length of the needle allows verification at any time of the length inserted. A broader mark indicates 5 cm and a double mark indicates 10 cm.
The needle has an ergonomic hub allowing a good hold. Its transparency makes it possible to check absence of blood reflux during the aspiration test.
Catheter-over-needle design provides the power and flexibility of a catheter with the familiarity of a single shot.
● Deliberate – The catheter tip can be purposely directed to an exact location, without the need to thread.
● One step – Once the catheter and needle are in the right location, simply remove the needle. The catheter is already placed.
● Linear – Needle and catheter are introduced in a straight line making it easier to maintain both in the ultrasound beam.
● Echogenic – Catheter is ultrasound visible. After needle removal, the catheter can be identified because of its straight trajectory.
● Help reduce leakage – When the needle is removed, the catheter is designed to seal the puncture site to help reduce leakage.
● Securement with a shorter catheter – Help make catheter securement easier and reduce the potential of catheter knotting. The short 18.7cm catheter is designed for easy handling and securement.
● Help improve patient comfort – this needle’s 30° or 15° bevel and small 25G gauge size is designed to be less traumatic to the patient when compared to a larger 17 or 18G Tuohy.